Share This Post
2015 Toyota Tacoma PreviewPosted On October 25, 2016
Cons: The suspension is a bit stiff, compromising ride quality. And while the V6 is an honest worker, the 4-cylinder proves quite noisy, unrefined and underpowered.
2015 Toyota Tacoma Price: There are four trim levels to choose from including 4×2 Access Cab at $25,650, 4×4 Access Cab at $30,545, 4×4 Access Cab V6 at $31,695, and 4×4 Double Cab V6 at $32,035.
2015 Toyota Tacoma Fuel Economy: Official fuel consumption ratings for the Tacoma are:
- 4×2 Access Cab 5MT – 11.5L/100km (city); 9.5L/100km (highway);
- 4×2 Access Cab 4AT – 12.2L/100km (city); 9.9L/100km (highway);
- 4×4 Access Cab 5MT – 12.9L/100km (city); 11.5L/100km (highway);
- 4×4 Access Cab 4AT – 13.1L/100km (city); 12.2L/100km (highway);
- 4×4 Access Cab V6 6MT – 15.3L/100km (city); 12.3L/100km (highway);
- 4×4 Access Cab V6 5AT – 14.8L/100km (city); 11.6L/100km (highway);
- 4×4 Double Cab V6 6MT – 15.3L/100km (city); 12.3L/100km (highway);
- 4×4 Double Cab V6 5AT – 14.8L/100km (city); 11.6L/100km (highway).
Improvements and Changes: Upgrades for 2015 include new colours and packages.
2015 Toyota Tacoma Powertrain: Under the hood of the Tacoma is a standard 2.7L DOHC 4-cylinder engine that produces a mere 159 horsepower. Transmission choices include a 5-speed manual and a 4-speed automatic. If you want more power, turn to the 4.0L DOHC V6, which is rated at 236 horsepower. In this case, both the manual and automatic transmissions offer an extra gear. As mentioned, the Tacoma is also available in 4×2 and 4×4 configurations.
Capabilities: Regardless of trim or engine selection, the Tacoma’s maximum towing capacity amounts to 1,587 kilos (3,500 lbs).
Safety: Standard features include stability and traction control, disc brakes with ABS, brake assist and electronic brake force distribution, as well as smart stop technology, which automatically cuts engine power and allows the brakes to take precedence over the accelerator when both pedals are pressed at the same time.
Comparing the 2015 Toyota Tacoma: The midsize pickup segment also includes the completely redesigned Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon as well as the Nissan Frontier and Honda Ridgeline.